Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chana's the way!

     After a whole day at Mumbai with a bunch of idiots, I am left exhausted. What with my legs almost broken with pain, a terrible math test coming right at me and the unnerving fact that college is still a whole month away, writing this post is the best thing that's happening to me today. Oh wait. This blog has these idiots too. :/
     Anyway, as I was contemplating how to spend todays day, I remembered the chana bhel (or whatever it's called) Shruti and Joy were eating at Marine Drive yesterday. So here's how my experiment with the chaat went-
     I strolled into the kitchen trying to find something to munch on (my mom's not here right now so ready-made food is unavailable). I found a packet of chapta chana pushed waaaayyy back in the corner of the cupboard. Boy, was I lucky!! I took an onion, chopped it into tiny pieces, and dropped it all over the chana. Then, I chopped a small tomato and added it to the mixture, making a perfect blend of the orange, red and white. To add a tangy flavour, I squeezed a small lemon over it. Not to forget dhaniya!! And there it was. My perfect mid-movie snack. And I had made it ALL by myself (not much of an achievement now, is it?).
   It wasn't like the experienced version my mom makes me. Nor did it have the streety (my word!) taste to it. Well, I savored every bit nonetheless. So much for culinary experiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment